Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Apartment Sweet Apartment: Jewelry and Makeup Organization












Growing up, I was a terribly messy child. No matter how much my mother yelled and screamed, my bedroom always looked like a hurricane came through it. Moving into my first apartment it wasn't much better. I had a horrible habit of leaving clothes all over the place, not washing my dishes... it was gross. I was gross.

Now that I'm older, I'm NEUROTIC about my apartment. I get anxiety if everything doesn't have a place, and if people come over and everything isn't "just so". My biggest problem was that I didn't know how to ORGANIZE things. Thanks to the wonder of Pinterest, I've learned this skill... and I've been slowly but surely tucking my two bedroom apartment away into boxes and hooks and all sorts of little nooks.

I have a lot of jewelry and makeup, so my bathroom was a long time coming. This is what my CURRENT setup looks like, though it's bound to change in the near future. I got the dresser off of Craigslist and organized it with little dividers from Daiso. The bowls are all thrift store finds. My ex boyfriend's mom got me the cool hands. The AMAZING jewelry rack I got off of Amazon a few years back. This corner of my apartment makes me so happy.

10 comments:

  1. Those hand hook things are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an inspiration! *_* thanks for letting us know how messy you used to be, it gives me hope...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you do have a lot of jewelry. I make jewelry and it sits in my room until it sells, and I don't have that much jewelry. I like to put my jewelry in pretty bowls and mismatched thrifted jewelry boxes. I also like to hang it from different things, like a pretty gold elk figurine that I picked up at a yard sale. And your jewelry rack is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This gives me a lot of ideas for my own stuff! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want those organizers! And that surface space. :| I need more furniture. (We use an IKEA bookshelf as a dresser? We have some problems.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You have an amazing jewellery/make up collection and some great storage solutions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so voyeuristic when it comes to this stuff. You have crap loads of jewelry! Amazing. Also, loads of lashes. LUCKY!

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures! always love to see how other girls organize their makeup :-)

    christelpaola.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas, very nice!
    Where did you find the wall rack? (Picture 5) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My excuse for not cleaning my place was always that I "had too much stuff"...but seeing this post and how beautifully you've organized it I really need to up my game. :'D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...